My role was the producer my job inhales-
- Have experience of working in the film industry
- Have a good business sense
- Have a good understanding of finance
- Have good creative vision
- Be self-motivated
- Be good at negotiating
- Be good at motivating people
- Be good at problem-solving
- Understand the creative processes of filmmaking
- Be able to secure finance for the production
- Be able to prepare and control the production budget
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work well under pressure and motivate the production team
- Ensure compliance with regulations and codes of practice Understand the relevant health and safety laws and procedures.
Good creative vision-
I think my creative vision came out in the live event, as I had to decide where we would do this event and I decided on the millennium square so maybe we could use the big screen as well and make it more interactive by that.
We went to the millennium square and my ideas started to flood for our screening picnic in the park theme here. So in this scene I think I had good creative vision.
I feel my self-motivation may not have been on par. I feel I could have done a lot better on this. And will learn massively by this.
Be good at negotiation-
I think my negotiation came in more with the crew than anyone else. I don’t think I did a good job on this but I tried. I would say if you could do this now I will do that or something down that line. Didn’t work that well though.
Be good at motivating people-
Even though I would try being motivating, my group just didn’t seem to want it, some of the members attitude was quite difficult to motivate. I need to do better on this next time and understand my peers better.
Good at problem solving-
I feel like I didn’t show much problem solving in this, but I did decide checking to use the third year studio set up for our hook video, instead of looking around for a place. Then using the portable green screen, as we couldn’t get a studio.
Be able to work well under pressure and motivate the production team-
I feel the pressure I was put under by my group didn’t help well, this made things difficult for me. I realise if I have a good team I do work well under pressure as I found out on the 48hr challenge.
Again I try motivating my team, but when you can see they don’t want motivating this gets really hard for me.